Thursday, July 9, 2020

Media Outlets Update Their Respective Articles After Writer Admits a Major Fault in Stats

Must Read

A Discovery Of Witches Season 2: Release Date, Storyline, Cast & More

A Discovery of Witches is perfect for those who love to enjoy vampire diaries, Lucifer, Twilight, and other vampire...

Netflix’s Stranger Things Season 4 Release Date, Star Cast, Plot & More

Like last season fans are eagerly waiting to watch the new season of Stranger Things. This fourth season will...

Significant Resurgence Of Coronavirus Cases Observed In European Countries

The World Health Organization said on Thursday that Europe has covered more than 2.5 million cases and 195,000 deaths...
Avatar
Foster Brenn
Foster holds three years of experience in the newspaper industry. Foster covers all the major posting under the US News category of The News Recorder. Being a socially active person, he manages to take pre-release updates of various news. Foster also contributes to a local newspaper.

In an exciting development, several media outlets forced to withdraw their initial report of comparison of migrant child detention between the tenure of former President Barrack Obama and President Donald Trump. 

The root of the Event

Manfred Nowak, an analyst from the United Nations Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty, stated that the children detention during the Trump era is highest in the world. On Monday, he further claimed that the administration of President Donald Trump detained around 1,00,000 migrant children.   

But yesterday, he admitted that the number he revealed was from 2015. So, now it is clear that the vast number was recorded during the Obama administration. Manfred Nowak’s admission forced several media houses to withdraw their initial reports. 

Another report from the PBS series ‘Frontline’ and The Associated Press claimed that around 69,550 migrant children were held in the United States last year. 

Reaction from Media

AFP (Agence France-Presse) corrected their previous mistake by removing the post from the website. They confirmed the removal in their official twitter handle. 

National Public Radio confirmed a temporary removal of the article. In the statement, they revealed that the temporary withdrawal was necessary as the writer himself admitted about a statistical error. However, they will post the revised edition of this news as soon as possible. 

Reuters also published an article related to this topic and removed it after the writer’s admission. In the official statement, Reuters admitted the mistake from the author’s side. The United nation issued a report on the 19th of November, which confirms that the data were from 2015; as a result, the news website decides to remove the older article, the spokesperson added. The organization also confirmed that it has no planning for any further updates on this article. 

NBC News and Al Jazeera also removed the story from their respective websites. 

Donald Trump Jr. expressed his displeasure about the massive publication of such false news and termed the development as a propaganda against the President. 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Netflix’s Stranger Things Season 4 Release Date, Star Cast, Plot & More

Like last season fans are eagerly waiting to watch the new season of Stranger Things. This fourth season will...

Significant Resurgence Of Coronavirus Cases Observed In European Countries

The World Health Organization said on Thursday that Europe has covered more than 2.5 million cases and 195,000 deaths of coronavirus during a “significant...

New York Police Officer Charged For Using Illegal Chokehold On Black Man

On Thursday morning a police officer was arrested in New York and illegally charged using a chokehold to subdue a man at a Queens...

Bodyguard Season 2: Release Date, Star Cast, Plot, Trailer & Many More

The series of BBC's Bodyguard British crime based political thriller drama was premiered on August 26, 2018, and ended on September 23, 2018. The...

Eiffel Tower Is Again Open In Paris After 3 Months Of Shutdown

After, 3 months the Eiffel Tower is again reopened to visitors for being remain closed for more than 100 days due to the COVID-19...

More Articles Like This